Wednesday, October 23, 2013

For the one who's always there.

The healing power of a true friend.   It just boggles me.

How did I become so blessed and fortunate to have a friend in my life who, no matter what, I can always go to..... and who, know matter what, will always know exactly what I need?

I am so fortunate to have a friend like that.
A friend who is like family.
A friend who knows what's wrong before I even have to say it.
A friend who will assure me that everything will be okay.
A friend who will be stupid and dumb just to make me laugh.
A friend who will genuinely care and help out in whatever way I need.
A friend who won't let me justify, excuse, hide, or not face any single thing in my life.
A friend who will be brutally honest, even if it hurts.
A friend who will give me actual solutions and ways to fix the brokenness.
A friend who will bring up inside jokes just to bring a smile to my face as big as it was the first time.
A friend who will tell me to calm down when I'm freaking out. To calm down, and to breathe.
A friend who will stay up late on a week night talking with me just to make sure I'm okay.

Is there really anything else sweeter than that?

Anxiety levels down.  Sleepy levels up.  Comfort warmly accepted.

And I've turned that frown upside down, just like I was asked.

Thank you.  I can always count on you.




No comments:

Post a Comment