Sunday, October 20, 2013

For the real.

This is another one of those times where words fail me. All I've done in the past 15 minutes is sit here and attempt a beginning to my thoughts. Probably at least 5 times. Before I can even finish a sentence, I delete it and start over again. It's times like these where I realize I've been so moved that words won't even do.

It is very rare when a person can leave such a mark on your soul. Hold such special places in your heart. And move you like not many people do.  Right off the bat after meeting them, even.

I get to be so fortunate to know a few. And to more recently have found another.

For the first time in a while I didn't feel alone in a crowd. Because of these very people. I didn't feel like I was forced to internalize the deeper, more complex things about me. Because of these very people, I felt like I can be real. And it's because they are real.

On my drive home today I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with gratefulness.  Not just for feeling welcomed in a crowd of people. But for the depth that they offered me this past week in return. For the real.

Tears streamed down my face and I knew that it was exactly a mixture between how moved I've been with these friendships and of the knowledge that I am having to say goodbye for a while with this new work schedule I have.

When people mean so much to me like this, even without knowing quite exactly why or how... it makes me wonder if I have done a good enough job showing them exactly what they've done for me.  If I've done a good enough job showing them how much they mean to me.  How much I love them.  It's in those moments where I just want to pick up the phone and spill the beans. Even if it brings a good cry.

The best part is that I know each and every one wouldn't take it as anything but real.

I am such a fortunate woman to have people like this in my life. Changing me every day and reminding me who I am, why I'm here, and that I'm loved.

This one's for the real.

No comments:

Post a Comment