Sunday, May 5, 2013

My majestic destination for awhile

I didn't realize how much my soul needed this until I got here. Right now I am sitting in a reclining lawn chair, in the sun, with a view of a flowing river and tall mountain peaks right in front of me, with nothing but three amazing girlfriends, a sweetheart toddler, and the peaceful sound of the river water to keep me company. Heaven.

Ever since this big change in my life, I have been grabbing life by the reigns and jumping right in it to just live. I have been having such a blast rediscovering myself and traveling and rekindling old friendships and making new ones. I made it through my last clinical rotation, to Kentucky and back with the team, through the last two weeks of school to tie up loose ends, and through my graduation ceremony and many celebrations. The beauty of this getaway is that now I have a moment to sit here and reflect more on my life and my heart and everything in it. For the first time in a long time, I truly am at home with what I see inside myself. And that is a beautiful thing.

As I sit here I am finding an enormous amount of peace and serenity in my own heart. It is a very magical location as well as a very magical state of mind to be in. I am truly inspired.

The sound of this water and the image of its passion and personality as it continues along the banks of rocks and brush is truly humbling my mind to quiet itself. I can literally hear the beauty. This river with the gentle occasional whisper of a cool breeze makes me close my eyes to everything around me so I can savor every fiber of what it means to me. So I can hold on to its wonder for just a few moments longer.

The river is only the beginning of this paradise I'm in right now. I look straight up and there are mountains above the river with three individual peaks powdered with white snow. It is so immovable next to this ever flowing river, it brings me such a comfort as if I am protected by some imaginary stronghold. So steady, so unmoving, so bold. It is even bringing out the strength I hold in myself.

This whole weekend is pure bliss. I haven't written poetry in over 3 years either, just as I hadn't blogged. And today I wrote my first bit of poetry I've written in a long, long time. This turn of events in my life is breathing new air into my lungs and this graduate weekend getaway is the perfect place to start writing about it.

Cheers to this freeing and peaceful slice of perfection.

With serenity,
HGM

No comments:

Post a Comment