Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Move Along

Even when your hope is gone, move along.

This song came on at just the opportune time today.  I don't even entirely prefer The-All-American-Rejects in general unless I'm in the mood for their music, but some of the lyrics in this song selectively were immediately and intuitively correct to my current emotions upon coming into this shop considering the current circumstances.

So a day when you've lost yourself completely
Could be a night when your life ends
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

I want to hold your hands.
I don't want to be lost in a night where my life ends.
I choose to hold your hands, my own hands even, and live my life. Even when my hope is gone, I will move along.


I do me.

And thank God I do, because otherwise I don't know where I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment