Monday, January 8, 2018

Small things.

I always talk about how I find happiness in the small things.  But lately I have learned exactly how small, and unrecognized, they really are sometimes. Especially to most people.  Throughout my journey on this earth I realize more and more that one of my sole purposes in life is to bask in these small little happinesses, and to share them with someone who loves them just as much as I do.

I find the significance in these insignificant moments.

Washing my face before bed.
Smelling fresh lavender buds or drinking them in my tea.
Closing my eyes to the wild waves of the ocean, hearing all the stories it tells and the secret beauty it holds.
When a dog kisses your nose.
Giving my toes something warm to sleep in.
The beats and lyrics from beautiful souls in my life who write their music like it was meant for me.
Comforting fleece blankets.
The sound of the harmonica.
Soft pretzels.
Connecting with a stranger.
Exploring a new area of your life.
Video games and stories that make your soul feel warm.
The way it feels to have the spaces between your fingers fit perfectly in the spaces between someone else's.
Sitting on a tall watch tower bench looking out into the horizon of the bay in the dark.
Painted nails.
Singing to your favorite songs and quoting your favorite movies.
Epsom salt baths.
Crossing adventures off the bucket list.
A rich, red, earthy glass of wine to sip on.
Fluffy pillows.
The smell of books, leather, whiskey, and rain.
Laughter.
Loving people.
Learning something new.
The comfort only an amazing anime can bring.
The sound of a familiar text tone that brings back memories of another time.


I love it all.  And the list keeps getting longer, deeper, and simpler, filling more and more with all the small things that make it worth living.







No comments:

Post a Comment