Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Steady me now.

I can't even cry this time.  No tears greet me, despite how desperately I would like to let them escape. They are buried with what I thought I had.  And perhaps even left in the moment that was the day I realized I didn't have it in me to say goodbye to your heart, the day I know my sobs could be timelessly heard.

To cry out and reach out, only to be welcomed by a silence that speaks louder than words, is more painful than I could have imagined. The fragments of what I believed I had are scattered everywhere and I can't put them back together no matter how authentic and innocent my efforts.

I'm in this desert without you. Crying out and waiting for your answer that never arrives. Sleep has abandoned me as you have, leaving me with empty promises on the doormat.

And how can you still be the only one I see?

No comments:

Post a Comment